After eight years I’ve found it can be difficult to not get caught in a rut with date night – sometimes we even skip it altogether. It’s so easy to just head to the movies week after week but where’s the adventure in that?! Don’t get me wrong, I love the movies and we’ll keep going there for date nights but it’s great to do something different every now and then. This is easier said than done though – especially in winter – so I sat down and thought hard about some fun things we could do that aren’t ‘just the movies’. There’s 13 weekends left of autumn and winter so I give you 13 date ideas!
- Star observatory.
- Movie marathon from the year you started dating.
- Picnic in the car.
- Apple picking.
- Visit sections and houses that you’d love to buy.
- Explore your city like a tourist – visit famous landmarks and take lots of photos.
- Hot chocolate picnic at the park or beach.
- Entree, dinner and dessert at different restaurants.
- Midnight ice cream run.
- Sleepover in the lounge (build forts and everything).
- Teach each other something new.
- Do something neither of you have done before.
- Go to the arcade – we often do this before the movies.
Some of our other favourites are ten pin bowling and mini putt. We’re also wanting to give the batting cages a go.
This week we’ll be crossing off date number two – we first started dating in 2007 so we’ve got Super Bad, Hairspray, Ratatouille, Enchanted and P.S. I Love You on our list.