These Christmas pie crust cookies are so easy and don’t really involve much baking that it feels kind of wrong to call it a recipe. One evening last year we watched our first Christmas movie of the season (in September!) and we wanted something sweet and yummy to eat while we watched but we didn’t really have much in the house and we didn’t feel like doing any proper baking so we came up with this little treat! This recipe is great anytime of year as it’s so easy and tastes delicious but it’s especially great at Christmas time if you ever have unexpected guests or if you’re just looking for a treat to accompany a Christmas movie!
1. Cut out the pastry with your cookie cutter – you’ll need to cut out two stars of pastry for every cookie. We made five cookies from one sheet of pastry but had a bit left over so we probably could have made seven.
2. Place half the pastry stars on a tray lined with baking paper.
3. Put a piece (or two) of chocolate on each pastry star.
4. Put another pastry star on top and then use a fork to seal the edges.
5. Bake in the oven on 180°C for about 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy with a cup of milk or a hot chocolate (in a Christmas mug!!).
Do you have any recipe hacks like this? What are your favourite things to make with store-bought pastry?
We’re off to have dinner then we’ll be eating these cookies and watching Christmas movies tonight! Thank goodness it’s Friday!